Our Team Of Highly Skilled Professionals
Emaan Alvi MD
Sairah Alvi PhD, MSc, MBAFounder, CEO and Director R&D
As experienced professional executive and Director of Medical and Scientific Affairs in the pharmaceutical biotechnology industry, Dr. Sairah Alvi possesses the skill set to effectively lead Precision Diagnostic Laboratory, that will provide services to address clinical and scientific needs of healthcare professionals on the forefront of personalized medicine.
Collaboration with credible medical institutions to drive business, her passion is to improve lives, one cancer patient at a time
- MSc in Global Management, LSE (2018)
MSc in Immunology
MSc in Molecular Genetics
Ph.D in Hematology/Oncology
- Professional Dedications
- Authors over 100 original articles in cancer journals
Lectures extensively at various universities and scientific meetings
Experienced in Phase1, 2 and 3 oncology clinical trials
Organizes scientific workshops
Oversees publication of global development products
Raphael Borok MD, MEng, PathologistPresident
Dr. Borok is Chairman and Medical Director, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Chicago, IL. Explosive growth in genomic sciences enables him to combine his expertise in pathology and bioinformatics to embrace the analytical and interpretive challenges presented by high throughput sequencing, gene expression and SNP arrays.
- Skills and Expertise
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Mathematical Modeling of the disease
- Degrees and Honors
- Most recently earned MEng Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of Illinois, Chicago (2015), Golden Key International Honor
The American Board of Pathology: Certified in Anatomical Pathology and Clinical Pathology (1996)
FFPath (SA): Registered Pathologist with South African Medical and Dental Council (1992)
MBChB: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Pretoria, South Africa (1981), Distinction in Pediatrics and Surgery
BSc: Mathematics and Statistics (Cum laude) University of South Africa (1990)
Statistical Genetics I & II, University of Washington Seattle, WA (2012 – 2013)
Certification: Data Analysis for Genomics, The Analysis of Large Arrays, Fundamentals of Molecular Pathology
Naomi Galili PhDDirector Research and Development
Dr. Galili holds a Ph.D in Molecular biology and Immunology, and for over 30 years, her distinguished career remains at the forefront of Genomic Research and Development of genomic, proteomic and biomarkers in oncology and hematology.
Professional employment with world-renowned laboratories and prestigious university medical centers:
• Stanford University, Molecular Diagnostics, CA
• Wistar Institute, International leader in cancer, immunology and infectious disease, PA
• University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Director, Molecular Cancer Genetics Lab, MA
• Columbia University Medical Center, NY Director, Translational Cancer Research Lab
○ Authors more than 100 publications in top peer-reviewed journals
○ Shares her extensive knowledge at international, scientific conferences and seminars
○ Extensive experience in Phase 1, 2, 3 oncology clinical trials and companion diagnostics, tissue bank, GCP, FDA regulations
○ Evaluates drug therapy in oncology patients for newly defined molecular targets.
Currently, she is a leading authority on the genomic and molecular mechanisms that are disrupted in myeloid blood cancers such as acute myeloid leukemia and myeloid dysplastic syndromes.
Marcia Hermansen PhD, Professor Islamic StudiesDirector Bio-Ethics
Dr. Marcia Hermansen is Director of the Islamic World Studies program at Loyola University in Chicago where she teaches courses in Islam and Religious Studies. Bio-ethics are integral to medicine and Marcia’s deep understanding of Pakistani culture and values, fluency in Urdu and Arabic languages, will help ensure highest bio ethical standards at PDL
Holding a Ph. D. in Islamic Studies from the University of Chicago, her numerous authored and co-edited books include:
• Islam, Religions, and Pluralism in Europe
• Muslima Theology: The Voices of Muslim Women Theologians
• Shah Wali Allah’s Treatises on Islamic Law
Bridget Marcus MD, PathologistDirector
• Graduate of the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Internship in internal medicine and surgery, followed by a year in cardiology.
• 4 year hemato-pathology fellowship with clinical/ laboratory work and research in molecular biology.
• Residency in Pathology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, IL
• Developed research based expertise on the impact of food, exercise, lifestyle on cancer prevention.
• Lifestyle Coach at Mercy Hospital, Des Moines, IA
• Leading authority on cancer prevention, early screening and diagnosis and health inhibitors.
• Advocate for health care self-empowerment thru education and the Women’s Health Initiative.
• Skilled public speaker, expertise in clinical research and teaching, painter, social worker.
Mrs. Barbara Benerza earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from Loyola University in Il.
Business Administrator of a medical practice for over two decades: planned and organized daily operations for 300 patients annually including skills of accounting, financial management, and business efficiency
Volunteer roles of leadership:
President & Treasurer: Infant welfare Society
Achievement Rewards for College Scientists
Village appointed Library Commissioner
President of Friends of the Library
Lifetime advocate of health care and education
Barbara Rebecca, MEdDirector
Administration and Communications
Barbara Rebecca is an educator and district level administrator with a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master of Education degree with Post-Graduate advanced coursework in gifted language arts.
An Adjunct Faculty member at National Louis University teaching both undergraduate and graduate education courses.
The Illinois Liaison for the Northwestern University’s Center for Talent Development, as well as, served on their Advisory Board.
In addition, she enjoys writing and regularly consults and provides editorial revision on educational and corporate level publications.
Joseph Y. AhmadDirector
Joseph Y. Ahmad, a founding partner in the Houston law firm of Ahmad, Zavitsanos,
Anaipakos, Alavi and Mensing, is recognized nationally as one of the best lawyers in
his field. He represents executives in a variety of matters, including breach of
contract, trade secrets, covenants not to compete, breach of fiduciary duty and other
matters. He was elected to the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, has
been selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” since 2003, was named a
“2015 Lawyer of the Year” in Houston. He is recognized as leading lawyer in
“Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business”. He has been named to
the “Texas Super Lawyers” list since 2003, and named a “Benchmark Litigation” Star
Mahnaz Ishaq holds a Bachelor of Science & Liberal Arts from Kinnaird College,
Currently, she is a member of the Board of Directors of the Sonia Shah Organization. “Educating one girl at a time.” As a volunteer, she helps to provide education to remote areas of Pakistan. Key activities include fund raising, managing school logistics and finances.
She has had extensive work experience in office management at both a legal firm and real estate development offices. Her responsibilities included management, marketing, and sales.
Further professional skills include planning multi-cultural events, fund raising, venue management, and promotional activities.
She is multi-lingual in English, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi.
Muhammad Salman AzharManager
Information Technology & Human Resource
Muhammad Salman Azhar is a Web Designer and Developer with over five years of professional experience in the web design industry.
He is a Computer Scientist by profession.
Having developed websites and web platforms for different brands and institutions, he specializes in designing and deploying cloud applications and data warehousing platforms.
In addition, he manages the Human Resources at Precision Diagnostic Laboratory.
Mark Conway is a Senior IT Analyst with over 15 years of experience in IT solving customer issues and delivering value for stakeholders. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Central Michigan University and holds the following certifications:
• Certified Scrum Master
• Certified Scrum Product Owner
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• CompTIA Cloud+
• Certified Associate Product Management
Zervaan Alvi BorokStudent Intern
- Masters in Economics & Statistics
University of St. Andrews, UK, 2016 - Present
Hinsdale Central High School, IL, USA, Graduated May 2016
Certificate in Business, Math, and Economics
University of Oxford UK, 2015
- Skills and Achievements
• Advanced mathematical skill, Leadership and public speaking, Dean’s List, Hinsdale Central High School 2012-2016
• National Honor Society, Hinsdale Central, 2015-2016
• Math Counts, ICTM, multitude of awards for Mathematics Performance, Butler School District 53, 2009-2012
• People to People Ambassador, Varsity Soccer Award, Science Award for Excellent Performance, Youth Leadership Program
• Northwestern University’s Center for Talent Development WSCAE Award, Butler School District 53, 2011
• National Spanish Exam, Butler School District, 2011, 2012 Butler Junior High Straight “A” Award, 2010
• National Youth Scholars Program, National Center for Early Academic Excellence, 2007
Aliya Husain MDMedical Consultant
Aliya Husain has been in practice for 31 years. Her work in the area of lung
cancer has reached international acclaim. She has authored 100 medical
publications. In addition, she is the author of several medical books including
Biopsy Interpretation of Pediatric Lesions, Color Atlas of Pediatric Pathology,
Thoracic Pathology: A Volume in the High Yield Pathology Series
- Medical Career
- Professor, Director of Residency Program
Department of Pathology
The University of Chicago
- Clinical Interests
- Pathology of heart and lung transplantation
Diagnosis of small lung tumors
Interstitial lung disease
- Genetic mutations in lung cancer
Changes in pre-eclampsia
Dr. Kamran Muhammad MirzaInternational Medical Consultant
Dr. Mirza is an internationally renowned leader in the area of Molecular Pathology, state-of-the-art Medical Laboratory Science,
and Medical Education. He completed his Pathology Residency and Fellowship in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Thoracic Pathology,
Hematopathology, and Medical Education Research at the University of Chicago. His cutting-edge research on cancer, and distinguished
service are celebrated with acclaim by being named in the Pathologist's 2018 Power List, an international honor presented to the
"best, brightest, and most powerful advocates of Pathology.” Additionally, Dr. Mirza is a top 5 honoree in ASCP's “40 Under Forty
2017,” which honors exemplary professionals at the forefront of their professions. Not surprisingly, he is further named in the list
of "Pathologists to Follow" on Twitter. Currently, Dr. Mirza serves as the Medical Director of Molecular Pathology and Assistant
Professor at Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois where he has received numerous teaching awards. He serves as the Associate Program
Director of the AP/CP Pathology Residency Program, Assistant Course Director for the Mechanisms of Human Disease course at Stritch School
of Medicine and as a Member of the Board of Directors of the Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) at the AAMC. Dr. Mirza has authored
numerous original articles, communicates on social media, and presents at various international speaking venues where he shares his cutting
edge cancer research and the role of precision medicine.
- Ph.D. University of Illinois Chicago, IL Pharmacology
M.B.,B.S. Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Postdoctoral Training
- Fellowship, Thoracic Pathology, University of Chicago Hospitals
Fellowship, Hematopathology, University of Chicago Hospitals
Residency, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Current Research
- Transcriptional regulation of high grade B-cell lymphoma, Novel pedagogical strategies for medical education.
- Ahmed A, Aragao A, Mudaliar KM, Wilcox R, Vardiman J, Anastasi J,
Mirza KM. The Conundrum of Diagnosing Cutaneous Composite
Lymphoma in The Molecular Age. Am J Dermatopathol. 2019. In
Mirza KM et al. Genomic aberrations in myeloid sarcoma without blood or bone marrow involvement: characterization of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samples by chromosomal microarrays. Leuk Res. 2014 Sep;38(9):1091-6.
- Invited Speaker
- Invited Session Chair/Keynote Speaker 14th Asia Pacific Congress "Harnessing the Power of Molecular Diagnostics in Pathology Practice; Lessons from the World of Leukemia" Osaka, Japan
Invited speaker, Laboratory Leadership Lecture series, Loyola Medical Center “Advances in Molecular Pathology